Scuba Lessons / Diver Certification
Scuba instruction taught by Jim Carlson PADI Instructor - 2015 PADI Elite Instructor - for 38 years and instructor for CSU Chico for past 22 years. Courses are available year round and include private, semi-private or group sessions.
Dive Instruction Open Water Course $300 SPECIAL
Complete training includes everything below:
- 5 Lectures
- 4 Pool Sessions
- 4 Open Water Dives in Monterey Bay
- All dive gear
- Diver certification card - $40 upon completion of course
Dive Gear - visit our store for best price!
- In stock - masks, fins, snorkels, wet suits, boots, gloves, hoods, and more!
- Most popular brands - Scuba Pro, XCEL, Harveys
- Super Deal! - tell Jim you found Valley Scuba online and get an extra 10% off all dive gear
- "It's apparent that Jim has been at this for awhile and knows how to make sure you are capable and prepared in the water. His ability to instill confidence with first time divers is helpful as its a bit freaky to breathe under water! I could tell he loves diving and introducing others to the wonders of the ocean. I'm looking forward to putting my skills into practice soon." Carrie W.
- "Jim is an excellent dive instructor! Very safety oriented. I recommend him without hesitation." Raeleen G.
- "Excellent dive training course by Jim. He made me feel safe and confident by stressing the need to pay attention. Like others have said, teaching people to dive is his passion and it's very apparent he loves what he does. I'm extremely happy to be a certified diver now and would definitely recommend getting trained by him." Vince C.
- "This was even better dive training and preparation than I had imagined. Jim will make sure you are ready and confident before the test. Just pay attention and do what he says and you'll be fine." Charles Z.
- "I highly recommend Jim's course. Diving has brought so much excitement to my life. There's always so much to see and enjoy." Connie S.
- "If you're thinking about learning to dive, just go for it! I was a little nervous at first, but Jim makes you feel safe, and now I go diving with friends several times a year. There's a whole lot to experience in our beautiful oceans." Zack C.